CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Breakfast at 1 Hotel New York; A Beautiful Setup and Great Looking Plates
Perfection in the details is what best describes the 1, a catchy hotel located on Sixth Avenue by the park. With its beautiful green facade covering the building, it’s not a hotel you won’t notice when walking the busy streets of New York. With its small details and chic decor, the 1 is your guaranteed dose of pampering for a night or even more.
Visiting New York last year, one hotel caught my attention; the 1 with its metallic signboard and green facade was immediately added to my bucket list. Wood, lots of it, plants coming down from the ceiling, an industrial yet classy Scandinavian design, a small check-in desk with happy people and staff walking around. It was already ten in the evening, I was excited and ready to discover my room.
This is where the excitement doubled; even more wood and a super duper attention to details, things I dreamt of having in my room back home. Even though the room is small and charged six hundred a night, it was worth it and enjoyable. A vast bathroom made of glass and metal, wood tiles cover the floor, more wood decorated the ceiling, a relaxation corner by the window where busy New York can be experienced in style.
- This is one of the most relaxing beds I’ve enjoyed in New York to date.
- By the bed, a Nexus phone takes you around the hotel and your reservation.
- A wooden design speaker awaits to add some vibes!
- A metallic bar of greenery lays under the television.
- “Back to the tap, triple filtered, New York’s water is considered the best of the nation,” written under three glasses of water by the bed.
- “Bedside, privacy, nightlight, wake up, relax, raise, lower”; choose the mood with a click of a button.
- A loaded mini bar
- Refreshing and aromatic shampoos
- A wood stand decorated the shower
- A working desk
- A speedy and complimentary internet connection without having to register.
- The room key is made of wood! A premiere for me.
- I love the stone which you deposit in front of the door: do not disturb is written on it. With all the technology, this stone takes you back to the ice age.
After a long night sleep, I was happily awake with a smile on my face and ready to try their breakfast. Open the elevator door for a refreshing view of a basket of fruits; again, more and more details. I love it here!
I loved it here and would recommend it to all my friends!