CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Rich Colors and Flavors at Yellow Table, Dbayeh (Restaurant Closed)
Bar Tartine: A Heaven for Garlic and Onions Lovers
A few months ago, I wrote about this new exciting project that's opening in Dbayeh. Finally, the newcomer to this booming area is now up and running for business. Bar Tartine's new branch boasts a beautiful stand-alone house where a bakery, a bar, a café and a restaurant blend in perfectly to offer something for everyone.
Just opened, Bar Tartine has taken over the location where Yellow Table, facing the ABC offices in Dbayeh’s inside road.
Give your car to the valet, walk a couple meters towards the house, climb up a few steps and you’ll find yourself in front of a relaxing space. I was overwhelmed with the refreshing and relaxing spirit that oozes around the place leaving nothing but positive vibes.
A reminder of its original setup in Mar Mikhael, Bar Tartine's décor is something to admire. Wood is the main material used warmed up with pending lanterns and mosaic floor. Facing the entrance is the display, Tartine's Bakery display, the mouthwatering fridge of endless colors. Choose any of the pastries to go or enjoy in house.
The new part is the right corner where a bar takes over with its huge Nespresso machine and the design sofas, relaxing and beautiful at the same time making of Bar Tartine a place where you can come relax after work and have a cup of coffee or a drink.
White paper place mats, black tables, relaxing leather sofas and a simple menu… in a beautiful setting smoke free setting (Thank you a hundred times for making Bar Tartine a smoke-free environment)
It was time to have a look at the kitchen’s potential for lunch.
- Savory Breakfast (eggs divine, old timers)
- Sweet Breakfast
- Breakfast Special
- Count Me In (they say sharing is caring, and at Tartine nothing beats a chat with a good friend over a delicious bite to eat. These delightful little starters are perfect for sharing between two so maybe just for one if you are feeling puckish)
- Artisan Pizzas (Choose one of three different choices)
- Soup Time (Three different soups)
- All That Fresh (Garden fresh salad recipes. 9 different choices to satisfy all your cravings)
- The Tartine Scene (The signature Tartine you will only find in our kitchen! Custom bread recipes lovingly baked in our oven with ingredients you will fall in love with every bite. A delicious experience, down to the last crumb.)
- The Main Act (Main dishes, burgers, fish and pasta) Project Sweet Stuff
- (You can chose from what’s available at Tartine Bakery)
- Drink Up
- Soft and Juicy
- Coffee Break
- Tea Party
Let's enjoy some good food:
- Summer Shrimp Avocado: Lunch started with a salad, but not any salad, something that's prepared with such love and dedication that I started smiling all by myself... Yes, "mmm" were the words while my taste buds were enjoying a feast of seasoning, the smoothness of the avocado, the crunch of the lettuce and the strength of the kumquat (he small little mini oranges) adding such an unmatched finesse to the main ingredient: The warm fresh shrimps. What a perfect way to start a meal.
- Smoked Salmon Pizza: Pure pleasure... That's how I describe the pizza at Bar Tartine and more specifically the salmon pizza. Close your eyes and let me take you on a journey... Fresh aromas of dill and salmon walk in around your brain while the dough, thin yet enjoyably crunchy touch your lower teeth. Jealous, the upper teeth touching the melted cheese, cooked capers and fresh dill scream from joy... A blend of pleasure in a bite, a cocktail of passion and some love felt in every bite. Inside, hidden under the salmon, is a bed of spinach covered with cream cheese adding the moister and smoothness of this amazing creation. I couldn't but scream, scream high and loud!
- Salmon Cream Cheese: a large rustic piece of rye bread cut in half and filled with a generous portion of rosier leaves topped with a thick layer of smoked salmon. Inside, carefully hidden are some capers, chives and cream cheese. I loved the generosity of this tasty sandwich but I would have personally toasted the bread to sort of remove the excess feeling of bread. A slight crunch would have been enjoyable. Served with a salad on the side, a great meal.
- Cannelloni Reunion: I have tried their burgers, their sandwiches and surely their pizzas, so I opted for a plate of pasta. A plate with three cylinders covered with cheese and tomato sauce. Non oily, non sticky, perfectly seasoned, a gentle peppery aftertaste, a lemony after note... Bravo is the word. At first glance I was not too impressed by the way the plate looked, but taste wise, I'll order it again.
- You can choose between having a Perrier or a San Pellegrino
- I enjoyed the smooth music playing in the background
- I enjoyed the funky yet elegant cutlery
- It’s a smoke free environment
- The staff at Bar Tartine are professional
The service was good and so was the food, Bar Tartine doesn't seize to impress me and am happy that it's now closer to home.