Clamato, Septime or La Cave de Septime, three restaurants run by the same owner, places that are always fully booked and don't take reservations, trendy restaurants known for their healthy eating and special offerings. French, seafood or specialty wines, everything is found here.
Tonight's dinner was at Clamato. Clamato has a 4.7/5 rating on Google and serves everything fish related. 18 dishes of fish, and fish only, with two desserts. We waited, we waited for more than an hour, but everyone says it's worth it. On the menu is written, "Chez Clamato, les arrivages quotidiens de St.Jean de Luz, concarneau, l'île d'yeu... Déterminent le menu du jour, tous les produits sont issus d'une pêche artisanale et durable. Les huîtres sont sauvages."
- A rectangular place with dimmed lighting
- Bricks cover the floor
- Two bars occupy the left side
- Wood covers the ceiling
- The tables are painted in green with benches on each side.
- You'll find positive vibes and a good ambiance, people come here to enjoy a good meal at reasonable price
- Salted butter and bread are served. Good quality butter with bread on the side. Thickly cut moist, tender bread.
- Oysters Maldon #2, big in size and adequately salted. Served on a bed of crushed ice, the oysters are delicious. Recommended!
- Rillette of mackerel with spring onions and lots of lemon. Served like a pâté, diced and mixed with herbs and salt. Spread on a toast with a fork and enjoy.
- Raw sea bream served on a round plate sprinkled with salt and decorated with raspberries. A hint of salt, a juicy fresh fish with an end note of sweetness. Amazing simplicity, awesome taste.
- Tuna ceviche: The fine ingredients used result in something unique. Real flavors, perfectly seasoned, juicy, lemony. Now I understand why waiting was a must. The tuna is served in cubes and enhanced with lemon. I loved their texture.
- Tuna and figs: Oh my God. The aromas and seasoning are unmatched. Beautifully served on a round plate, this dish is up to the standard of fine dining restaurants.
- Cepes with an egg in the middle, the molten yolk of an egg prepared in vinegar. It's so complicated sometimes that you don't want to think about the ingredients. Bottarga and a marinated egg! My favorite plate of all. The food here is simply exquisite.
An amazing experience. Clamato is surely a recommendation if you're coming to Paris. Simple plates, simple service, simple wine, simple prices... A unique experience. €40/person wine included.