CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Deli.co: A World of Delicatessen in Beirut
Deli.co: I Love this Place!
Inspired by the deli places of New York, Deli.Co is your occidental experience in Lebanon. Travel to the business capitals of the world while staying in town; sandwiches, cakes, meat, eggs and much more, this eatery never seized to impress me. When Hussein and Dory create, prepare yourself to be amazed. The master Hussein Hadid and his apprentice Dory Masri are magicians when they meet in a kitchen.
Deli.Co, Brgr.Co, Pzza.Co and Ummi, the group has created a family of innovative concepts promising memorable experiences and serving unique food.
Visiting on a Wednesday morning, the breakfast experience was memorable. Great food, great vibes and a professional service. I always loved it here from the day it opened two years ago.
Let’s enjoy Deli.Co’s breakfast:
- It’s moist on the inside, spongy with a smooth crunchy envelop, the blueberry muffin is baked to amaze. Lightly sweet, balanced and equilibrated, that muffin reminded me of the ones I have in New York.
- An English muffin, a bed of ripe avocados, roquette leaves, a big quantity of smoked salmon and a poached egg on top. It’s a salmon sandwich, as simple as it can be but it tastes like heaven. A superb quality of a handful of ingredients that tickle your palatal buds making your face mimics move uncontrollably. The sandwich comes with a side of chips best enjoyed with Labneh. PS: poached eggs should be runny not cooked like boiled eggs.
- The carrot cake; it’s a love story with that carrot cake I’ve been enjoying since the day Deli.Co opened. Carrots, a load of carrots, cream cheese, sugar and a moist cake. It’s so incredibly yum!
- Yummy... that croissant... OMG. Buttery and flaky, tender and enjoyably chewy, like a marriage between a cake, a Danish pastry and a croissant. Gourmet with no complication.
- The cheese sandwich: several kinds of cheese await to melt in the mouth. The kind of cheese sandwich only seen in movies completes your breakfast. I talked about it before and here I do again, the pain de mie should be bigger and the borders removed.
- My favorite for last, a granola bowl with “Elle et Vire” yogurt and a drizzle of honey. Mmmmm... as simple as it is, I enjoy Granola bowls because I don’t have time for them at home.
A moment of happiness in Beirut, have breakfast at Deli.Co