CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Duo: Italian, French and Japanese Cuisine Under One Roof at ABC Dbayeh
Duo: A Casual yet Tasty Restaurant
ABC's new rooftop hosts a number of restaurants and diners including new places like OBI sushi place.
Walking around, DUO caught my attention, only because I haven't been there in a while and it's other branch in Downtown is somehow unattractive. I was happy to see that it's there.
I liked the place. The seating outside at night is cool, especially now in September nights.
Things I liked:
- Choices of round tables where you can sit with your friends and actually see each other and talk, especially when you're a big group.
- The chairs are comfortable. You eat and don't mind sitting a while longer.
- Their menu is big and caters to different tastes- from pizza's, salad bar to a selection of sushi (sushi by Shogun).
- The food portions are generous.
- The bread basket is full and can feed everyone on the table and more. Some places put the exact number of bread pieces as the people at the table.
- The selection of bread is wide including bread sticks.
- The waiters are very sweet and welcoming.
The things I didn't like:
- Waiters, although super nice and very attentive are a bit forgetful. I had to ask them three times for a glass of ice. But it came eventually with an apology, which was nice.
- At a point during dinner, two huge garbage cans passed by. The smell was horrible. I mean they could have waited until the restaurants closes or at least find another way to pass the garbage through. Unacceptable. It's not the restaurant's fault but they should let ABC management know about this. It's unhygienic to start with and the smell put you off your dinner.
- The salad bar is big but honestly not very appetizing. Nothing called me. I felt for LL22,000/person, the choice should be better or at least look rich.
- Tomato Mozzarella salad: I liked the presentation, but the lemon added to the sauce was too much. In all cases I have never had this salad with lemon. It's usually with olive oil only and balsamic vinegar if you want. If they are attempting at being creative, I think they should stop.
- Pizza, a huge portion, tasty
- Spicy Crispy Salmon Salad: Very generous portion. The crispy part was a bit too much, they can do with a bit less crispy in the mix. I asked for less spice, but it came regular. I liked it though.
- Spicy Crispy Crab Salad: Rich portion and tasty.
- A selection of makis and sashimi.
I think this place still has potential. And I think they should relocate from Downtown Maarad Street... and find a better spot for themselves.
Suitable For: Casual Dining