An awesome architecture unconsciously attracts you into its hidden secrets: Welcome to the Jack Daniel's bar and Grill in Concourse A of the Terminal 3, a place you won't even expect to see in an airport. I fell in love with it considering I am a fan of the brand especially their BBQ sauce which I expected to see inside.
The place is so nice:
- A arcade of whiskey barrels welcomes you
- A wide beautifully decorated space
- Wooden floor
- Individual high tables build on a barrel each
- Cozy sofas facing the bar
- Individual leather chairs of a special Jack's tissue
- Camel, light brown and beige colors decorate the restaurant
- A long bar with its high stools
- Shelves filled with kitchen items add a funky touch to the place
- A long square tale that can host ten guests centers the restaurant
- 5 LCD TVs broadcast sport program's
- A black ceiling reminds of the lower ambiance
- Two long glass facades welcome day's light in
The menu is not that appetising. A restraint choice of items drives you to order the Classic Burger at the end. A simple dish that's not extraordinary.
The menu sections:
- Early risers
- Quick bites
- House specialities
- Burgers & Sandwiches
- Chilli Cheese Wedges (Cajun dusted potato wedges topped with slow cooked Jack Daniel's chilli and melted cheddar)
- Classic Burger (180g Augus beef patty, Monterey Jack Cheese, lettuce and tomato)
A beautiful burger that does not taste as good as it looks.
I was disappointed on all levels. I didn't see my favorite BBQ sauce served, the fries are very average and the burger is not tasty: a thick - pretending to be Angus beef- piece of heavy meat with unpleasant crunchy particles inside, over cooked leaving it dry. A thick piece of dry bread - which I removed half off to be able to swallow - is not pleasant to chew. A dry tasteless hamburger that needs ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, salt, pickles and more to give it a bit of taste... Really, it was shocking.
I enjoyed the chilli wedges and wished the experience continued that way. With Pepsi, since they don't have Coke, I finished my lunch calmly with certain feeling of sadness and disappointment, which I was hoping not to encounter with one of my favorite brands.
I will come back, just to enjoy their luxurious and relaxing leather sofas without eating.
Tags: Dubai Grill Diner Burger Wings Bar Emirates BBQ Hamburger Jack Desserts Airport Terminal 3 Cilli Sides