Although I am not a big fan of tea... I am surely a fan of Kusmi tea, a brand that dates back to the late eighteen hundreds. My love story with the colorful concept first started when I walked into their store on Champs Elysees Avenue, Paris... The last pack I remember buying was their Air France's 80th anniversary special edition blend, which I enjoyed every night before bedtime.
Today, you can try Kusmi yourselves, here in Lebanon at ABC Achrafieh. A colorful space full of life and colors nestled next to the Nespresso landmark. Enter the small shop and be welcomed by a cup of tea... here you will understand everything in a cup, the aromas, the flavors, the richness will make you buy your next set of tea bags. On red walls, you will find hundreds of tea boxes all stacked up beautifully on the shelves. Choose to have one of their collections: Wellness, Flavored, Russian teas, Green teas and more.
Kusmi is a brand of tea with headquarters in Paris, France. Pavel Michailovitch Kousmichoff established the company, which produces Russian-style teas and tea blends, in 1867 in St. Petersburg, Russia. Upon the onset of the Russian Revolution in 1917, the Kousmichoff Company relocated to France. The company has changed hands several times since then.
My favorite is the wellness collection:
- Detox (a blend of Chinese green tea, maté, lemon grass and lemon)
- Sweet Love (a blend of Chinese black tea, spices, liquorice root and pink pepper
- Boost (a blend of Chinese green tea, maté, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom)
- Be Cool (a blend of peppermint, apple, verbena and liquorice root)
- Algotea (a blend of Chinese green tea, spearmint leaves and seaweed)
- Euphoria (a blend of roasted maté, chocolate and orange)
- BB Detox (a blend of Chinese green tea, maté and grapefruit)
I'm happy to have it close to home... A shop is expected to open in ABC Dbayeh as well, at least so I heard.