CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Latest Version Diner: The Address for the Best Wagyu Burger (Restaurant Closed)
LVD: Start your Day with a Tasty American Breakfast (Restaurant Closed)
LVD's Fine American Breakfast: A Recipe for a Smile (Restaurant Closed)
An Early Morning Visit to The Latest Version Diner (Restaurant Closed)
LVD: An American Breakfast You Don’t Want to Miss (Restaurant Closed)
After my first visit to LVD I couldn't hide my amazement and appreciation towards this one of a kind diner with a review some criticized as too positive. I wanted what I consider one of my favorite diners just to see if my thoughts are still in place and to prove to others that it is indeed as good as I say it is. I copied the paragraph published on their Facebook page as it is completely honest and true and reflects my opinion completely.
- The clean and clear furniture and design well taken care off.
- The broken glass facade fixed.
- Happy, welcoming and professional waiters.
- The all-ears manager and owner on duty with their name tag.
- The easy listening background music.
- The individual pendant lights over each table.
- The nice thick carton menus.
- Custom made printed napkins.
- The professional meat cutting knives.
- The mozzarella bars are delicious, especially their square shape and their non-oily finish.
- In my last review I criticized the broken nacho pieces: That issue has been solved by making sure only the finest pieces are served.
- Onion rings are still one of my favorites around.
- Burgers are a simple "Sans Faute". Very close to perfection.
- French fries are delicious.
- The chicken burger is juicy, soft and tender.
- Chicken strips with their honey mustard sauce are extraordinary.
- The presentation of the meat is not appealing especially for the price we're paying.
- The small portion of mini mushrooms mixed with lemon sauce is not tasty and has nothing to do - neither with a diner concept nor with the fries and high-end products LVD is offering. It's cold and has no sense specially when you order a mushroom sauce and receive more mushroom in another form in the same plate.
- I didn't even taste the green pieces of artichokes that I again didn't understand. For the high priced Waguy I would have expected maybe more fries, sautéed hot mushrooms or sautéed spinach for exemple.
- Having the possibility to choose between Coca-Cola or Pepsi.