From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, every detail at the Radisson Blu was mastered to perfection. Professionalism and style at it's best. The stay was one I would recommend. I loved the welcoming, the room, the staff and the pools.
You couldn’t be more pleased with this Aqaba hotel’s location, which offers premium views of the shining Red Sea. Located few minutes away from the city center, this oasis with its five pools and three restaurants is ideal for families on vacation or just spending a weekend away from home. We arrived at 11pm, even though late, were greeted and everything was prepared. After handing over the luggage, the receptionist gave us the room keys and with that a press pack. Not only that, she approached us and welcomed us with a smile and some cocktail drinks and ice tea. What a great impression! We went to the rooms and the amazement continued. The rooms were ready, lit, the air conditioning was on and music was playing in the background. The mini bar had five complementary soft drinks as well as a Nespresso coffee machine that's free of charge and two water bottles. The room, a deluxe one, was very nice. A feeling of warmth, a working desk, two sofas, a large bathroom and a relaxing bed, it was all perfect. I was so happy... As they say, you save the best for last. After five days moving around the country, we landed at the best place of all.
- The hotel is 20 kilometers from the Aqaba International Airport and close to the city center
- A total of 336 spacious hotel rooms house Aqaba guests in refined comfort
- Elegant outdoor dining and lounge venues
- Private beach alongside the Red Sea
- Five pools and well-equipped fitness area located outdoors
- Snorkeling and diving expeditions can be organized at the nearby diving center
The Room: Each of the rooms offer a breathtaking view of the Red Sea, creating an ideal retreat for your stay. My room had a coffee machine, a large LCD screen, all the needed bathroom amenities, slippers, complementary water bottles, a safe, hear dryer and a terrace facing the pool. I enjoyed its space, nice decoration as well as its shower water pressure and AC strength.
- Aziab: All day dining restaurant with live cooking stations
- Heatwave: A splash of the Mediterranean on the shores of Aqaba
- Baywatch: Surrounded by swimming pools and the Red Sea Bay, satisfy your taste buds with a selection of snacks, salads and ice cold smoothies.
- Sundeck Terrace: A nice view overlooking the Red Sea and its astonishing sunset. Offers a selection of Hubbly Bubbly along with Oriental delicacies
- Kenzi: Lobby bar with extensive range of beverages and a selective array of cigars and cognacs
- Dugout: A in-pool bar where you can indulge and tan under Aqaba’s hot sun
The things I loved:
- Free complimentary water bottles are added to the room every day
- The staff visits the room for night service at sunset
- Towels are provided at the beach. Make sure to leave your towel card with you
- You can buy cigarettes, chocolate, nuts and whatever you need for the beach at the different shops around the hotel
To change and improve:
- Restaurants and cafes close at 11pm. That's too yearly for a resort. At least stay open until 1am
- Food is unacceptably bland. The kitchen needs a reshuffle
- In a five star hotel, a bathrobe in the rooms is a must
- The Internet speed sucks, it’s way too slow
A five star hotel indeed, the Radisson Blu is my recommendation for a pleasant stay at Al Aqaba.