Et voila, here's my second time in Milan, only this time the trip was based around food and culinary discoveries. 6 days, 5 nights, 15 restaurants tried, 6 gelato places enjoyed, 50 dishes tried, 25 reviews, 2,000 photos taken, 100 discoveries, 2 kilos gained and lots of fun! I loved Milan so much.
Other than reading all the reviews I published, why not follow me around my favorite picks? Which pizza to enjoy, where to find the tastiest carbonara, the best place to buy your panettone or simply indulge in the gelato of your dreams.
5 nights are enough. During those six days you will have plenty of time to walk the city, shop and visit the outlet village and all while eating at the best restaurants. When one says Italy, four things come to mind: pizza, pasta, risotto and gelato. I've had enough of those to boost me up for the year to come.
Gelato... These need a review of their own. The texture of the ice cream and the freshness of the ingredients and pure milk is breathtaking. Chocolate, nougat, chestnuts, pistachio or simply milk, the choices are all mouthwatering.
Below is a list of my favorite and recommended places:
- Spaghetti: Paper Moon
- Panettone: Evvivo Pandolia
- Gelato: Shokolate for the darkest and most intense chocolate gelato, be sure to try the one with rum. Grom for unusual turrone and marron glace. Cioccolat Italiani for the unique Nutella gelato with Nutella hazelnut topping.
- Shopping for Italian food: Eataly
- Spaghetti Carbonara: Maruzzella
- Macaroni: Pistachio macaroni at Maruzzella
- Espresso: Saint Amiraeus caffe
- Blueberry New York pie: California Bakery
- Gourmet burger: California Bakery
- Street food burger: 202 Hamburger&Delicious
- Risotto Milanese: Emporio Armani Caffe
- Panino sandwiches: Panino Giusto
- Tiramisu: Panino Giusto
- Thick pizza: Pizzeria di Porta Garibaldi
- Street food pizza: Spontini
- Panzerotti: Luini
- A luxurious coffee: Marchesi
- A casual Italian eatery: Rossopomodoro
- My coup de Coeur: Emporio Armani Caffe
- Homey and tasty food made with love and dedication: Paper Moon
Read the detailed reviews and plan your next trip to Milan.