ABC Dbayeh has been a popular destination for shopping and dinning experiences alike and today with their new terrace and variety of restaurants ready to welcome you, the choice has become endless. But there's one place in ABC Dbayeh that has passed the test of time...is always full, day and night... Why though? Is it the food? Is it it's location? We are talking about 365.
Every single time I pass by, the place is packed with regular faces, some of whom I know go on a daily basis, from business men to groups of women meeting for lunch and so on. I don't think anyone stops to think if the reason they go to it is for their food or its convenience of offering a wide choice of food types or just because its situated in the heart of ABC Mall.
I decided to say what I think and that is, I believe that people including me, head there for the convenience of its location, the variety of food they offer - as for the taste, in some parts it is good and in others it can be a lot better and tastier.
On the menu:
- A selection of starters that include European and Middle Easter Dishes
- Pizzas and Crepes
- Plates des Jour
- And more....
- Salmon served on brown slice bread. It's good but needs to be a bit richer in cream and salmon with added capers on the side
- Grilled Meat with fries
- Fried Calamari Rings - Too oily
- Cheese Rakakat - the choice of cheese used is not great - its not crunchy at all and a over oily
- Fried Halloumi - Too oily
- Salad Bar - not bad
- Green Salad - good: I don't think they can fail a green salad
- French fries - Are under cooked
- They have changed and updated their image to make themselves look modern with a new logo
- The choice of Coca-Cola and Pepsi
- A big choice of salad bar items
- Waiters know what their customers like and will help them order
- The basket of bread comes hot with a selection of small buns and cut French baguette as well as Lebanese pita bread.
- The grills are good, which comes in a plate with small hummos
- Daily different choices of main dishes
- Nice Christmas wishes on the place mats which change often with each season and occasion
- The menu is modern, clear and easy to browse through
- Bread basket is served with a selection of radishes, green olives and butter
- The ceiling is too low, it's very claustrophobic
- Such a low ceiling, no windows, low light and they chose the use dark colours for the decoration? Come on! YOu feel just close to hell.
- It's too loud, people talking, waiters shouting... Echoes that are the best migraine generators
- The waiters are a bit old and I think their services has become more like an old Lebanese restaurant where food is placed haphazardly on the tables - its good to see familiar faces but I think change can add a fresher touch
- Some food choices are not done to perfection, some things are taken a bit for granted just because people are used to it
- It is a must to renew the waiters and update the food: The quicker the better!
I would always come to 365 when I am around, because its familiar and quick - but not a place I would choose to go have lunch or because I am craving good food. They say:
"With our signature Plat du Jour and varied menu with home-style cooking, we serve food that can be enjoyed 365 times a year … as 365 separate days of flavours waiting to be discovered."