With the world’s trend going into vegan and “RAW” things. Because of my love for Açaí, I’ve been looking for new vegetarian and vegan options in my travels around the world. Spotted on google maps, RAW42 is a trendy spot in Copenhagen. Vegan all the way, plant-based and meat free.
One person was handling the restaurant on a Tuesday morning; we had to wait and see other customers wait for more than twenty minutes. Some of them left.
At RAW, expect to taste the bowls: açaí, matcha, blue spirulina, granola. Pancakes. Sandwiches: avocado chicks, avocado hummus, avocado pesto, cherry tomato, the flavor of grilled cheese, cherry tomatoes and the flavor of grilled cheese. Burgers: three kinds. Lunch bowls; protein, mango, green, Mexi and simple. Smoothies and milkshakes.
On display, and while waiting to grab a hazelnut truffle, chocolates, chocolate squares, snickers bounty bites, spirulina bowl, fig bomb, chocolate chip cookie, and gluten-free muffins.
- The gluten-free muffin made of bananas and probably dates is not the best thing I’ve had. It looks like mashed chocolate, a light brown -non-appetizing- color and a gooey feel in the mouth.
- Peanut butter milkshake with an organic banana and homemade almond milk. Refreshing, tasty and healthy.
- Strawberry and ginger smoothie. Refreshing, tasty and healthy.
- The bowls: light blue colored spirulina with granola, bananas, coconuts, blueberries and goji berries. (Spirulina is biomass of cyanobacteria that can be consumed by humans and other animals. The two species are Arthrospira platensis and A. maxima. Cultivated worldwide, Arthrospira is used as a dietary supplement or whole food. It is also used as a feed supplement in the aquaculture, aquarium, and poultry industries): Açaí bowl, purple colored with coconut, granola, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Pancakes: coconut cream and chocolate sauce. A beautiful plate loaded with bananas, coconuts, apples and chocolate sauce. Not fluffy like normal pancakes but as good as they should be.
- The cheese sandwich which I couldn't taste is loaded with garlic, but my wife tells me that it’s exceptional. It tastes like cheese, a load of avocados, thinly sliced cucumbers and a very good seed bread and baby spinach; the oil gives the sandwich its juiciness. The overdose of garlic is not pleasant!
An interesting concept one has to try; we might all turn vegan one day.