CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Fourth is the name of a cafe on Fourth Avenue, part of the Hyatt Hotel. A large space lit from all sides and filled with a dozen colors, a restaurant with some interesting, fresh vibes and positive energy, all built around hanging wooden beds. I came here to have breakfast.
You can't but fall in love with The Fourth as you walk in. A large space under a high ceiling open to the skies where the sun has access from the left side as well as from above. Like in an enchanted castle, white curtains fly from above around a designer sculpture of 10 wooden, old style beds strapped together with chains.
Overlooking the busy street early on a Monday morning, I went down from the room straight to breakfast. Doors left open, a breath fresh of air, lights on, as well as sunny spells coming from above, a smooth music playing in the background... You feel enchanted.
The bar takes over the far end of the restaurant, walk to it for the croissants and cakes before taking a seat at one of the tables topped with white cloth and decorated with their red table napkins. While music played I browsed the menu.
Cold tap water was offered while the staff waited for my order. They all smile and enjoy their morning, spreading positivity around.
They don't have a buffet breakfast but that won't be a problem, the choices are good and the ambiance even better, sitting here made me want to stay all day.
Breakfast menu at The Fourth:
- Espresso bar
- Breakfast pastries
- Fruit stand
- Chef's signature breakfast
- Coffee cake from their coffee brand called "Quatrieme"
- The New Yorker (toasted bagel, smoked salmon, whitefish salad, cream cheese, tomatoes and Bermuda onions)
- A bagel open down the middle, lightly toasted and served warm next to three slices of smoked salmon, thinly sliced tomatoes, a bowl of cream cheese and a white fish mousse presented on a black board. I loved the quality of the bagel, on which I spread some cream cheese, added the tomatoes, posed the salmon and enjoyed with my hands. The combination works great. The fish mousse is not to be missed, it adds flavor and enjoyment.
- Flavorful coffee...
- The coffee cake is the interesting part. A coffee flavored, lightly sweet with a coffee after note in a juicy and moist cake with a thick envelope. This is the kind of cake I like, where taste and texture are combined into a flavorful bite you don't want to end. Uncomplicated and just tasty.
An experience to be repeated.