Some reviews over the internet give the Lotte a six stars rating while others give it five stars plus, I will have to agree with both and say that the Lotte is one of the best hotels I have visited in terms of its welcoming feel, outstanding service, memorable decoration and spacious rooms.
Arriving at the Lotte, a very kind, professional and smiling Majordomo with a long rounded hat greets you with the most welcoming signs and smile: "Good morning sir, Welcome to the Lotte." The hotel is majestic. First impression is the hotel's lobby with its high ceiling that holds a Murano glass chandelier pending down with its adjacent glass sculpture. Everything around has a golden finish, yet its subtle without being heavy on the eyes. The floor hosts big reflective marble tiles set up in a finish line flag setup in black and white colors. Moving on to the receptionist, her excitement to make your stay a pleasant one is far from what you are used to. The lovely and welcoming hospitality doesn't stop here. Your luggage is sent to the room with a certain compassion.
A 24 hours concierge members of the international Cles d'or Organisation are here to help with any potential need. They stand behind their desk next to the grandiose stairs which leads to the banquet rooms and Les Menus restaurant. Their motto: “In Service Through Friendship” and work very closely all together for promoting our country and cities as a tourist destination.
Opening the room's door feels good especially when you enter the 45 sqm apartment with its vast bathroom, large bed and relaxing office. Note that the experience has just started as I started to discover the amenities. Really special amenities with not a single detail taken for granted.
You will find everything, really everything you ever dreamed of having in a hotel room:
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access in all hotel rooms.
- Digital control panel - lights, air-conditioning, heating, curtains, alarm clock, that also provides tourist information, weather forecast, voice-mail etc.
- Free morning newspaper (guest's selection)
- Welcome amenity
- Complimentary tea service
- 42” LCD TV and DVD Player
- Cable/satellite TV channels
- Work desk with stationery
- Safe deposit box
- Bathroom amenities (Molton Brown)
- Disposable toothbrush, toothpaste
- Luxurious bath robe and slippers
- 3 separate telephones
On the quest of discovering all the hotel sections, I toured around their wonderful SPA, four restaurants, swimming pool, shopping area and business center. "I think I'm starting to agree here with the six stars appellation". On the second day, I decided to try their signature restaurant by Michelin three starred chef Pierre Gagnaire. An experience out of this world! A sensation better than a lot of pleasures in this world. Unfortunately I was unable to try their Japanese restaurant but I will surely do so next time I am in Moscow as the Lotte is my hotel of choice.
Small things that make a big difference:
- When asking for a taxi, I needed to change some money. The concierge didn't accept that I do it and went himself while I was waiting in the cab. - Their VIP taxis have free WiFi on-board - The welcoming hostesses at breakfast are perfect.
- The phone next to the reception for calling the rooms is Bang & Olufsen.
- The operator always ends her phrase with: "It was a pleasure serving you sir".
- The room is checked and fixed three times a day: the full cleanup every morning, the afternoon check up and the night preparation, closing the curtains, replacing the complimentary water bottles and making sure the dark chocolate piece is in place.
- Two complementary water bottles are added every single day.
- An 8MB 'rocket' speed Internet is available free of charge on all your possible devices. And much much more... A nice and relaxing area of this hotel is the SPA and heated swimming pool not to be missed as the pictures clearly show. The 1,500 square meter oasis of peace and tranquility combines the beauty and allure of Asian traditions with the sophistication of modern spa techniques to deliver the ultimate spa experience. Signature treatments from Mandara Spa, in Moscow, including brand new Oxygen Therapy Massage and Vitality River Bed introduced in Moscow for the first time. Award-winning facials and body treatments from luxury British spa and skincare brand, Elemis, are also available, in addition to deluxe spa packages.
What else can I say about the Lotte. A Korean chain that has redefined excellence.