A new pancake bar has opened at ABC... two kids sitting behind the counter listening to their music, stuff and boxes thrown here and there, no life and no decor only water bottles and Nutella jars. The female server stood up after a couple seconds and approached me silently... what do you need? You have to suggest something I replied. Let's see about these pancakes...
So ten pancakes with Nutella are sold at LBP7,500. Wearing gloves but adjusting her hair whilst wearing them, handling the food with the same gloves and acting as though the job was an obligation, she prepared ten mini pancakes loaded with butter and uncooked on the inside. I've rarely had pancakes as bad as these.
She started by painting the grill with butter, adding a bit of liquid - left outside of the fridge all day long - and starts picking them with a wooden stick making sure their are cooked. Very small, the pancakes taste of pure butter and have an uncooked heart. On top of the unprofessional service, the money which ended up on my plate by carelessness and a stand that's not at all appealing, the pancakes are not even tasty. After putting them in a big carton plate, the pancakes are covered with Nutella, a desperately needed add-on giving some flavor.
- At the least train staff to the minimal food safety and service guidelines.
- Guests are not welcomed inside the stand.
- Money and gloves don't mix.
- Girls should cover their hair or at least tie it back.
- No need for butter!
- The pancakes have to be bigger in size - like a ball not a flat oval thing.
- Time the cooking process to prevent serving them raw.
- Uniforms? The least one would expect them to have.
A disappointing and shocking experience not worth trying.