Tunisair is the flag carrier airline of Tunisia. Formed in 1948, it operates scheduled international services to European, African and Middle Eastern destinations. Its main base is Tunis-Carthage International Airport. The airline's head office is in Tunis, near Tunis Airport. Compared to other lounges I have stopped at, this one is my least favorite.
The Tunisair privilege lounge, located next to door 50 welcomes you for a quick relaxation session before your flight. You won't miss it as it's in a closed space with two big wooden doors. You feel like you're like entering a mountain lodge. This is a premiere for me since all lounges usually have glass transparent doors that feel more welcoming. Inside is a big square divided into four distinctive areas surrounding the middle court of tables and chairs like a street restaurant. The nice thing is that sofas are big, like the Beirut's MEA lounge which can host families or large groups.
The Lounge features:
- Two computers with Internet access
- A small bar with a couple of Alcoholic bottles
- A couple of cheese rolls and croissants island
- Three choices of fresh juices
- Water bottles all together in a cold stainless container
- A cold milk dispenser and another one with black coffee
What I liked:
- The different patterns on the ceiling
- The tarmac view
- The lounge's calmness
- The staff needs training
- The food choices are mediocre
- Only one rest room available making you wait for your turn
- The food is not tasty
- The lounge is dull and old
The verdict: I didn't like the lounge at all!