CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Yeh! Waffles, Pancakes, Crepes and Frozen Yogurt (Restaurant Closed)
Yeh! is a franchise located in Kantari, a concept developed in Canada and now here in Beirut. The last time I went wasn't the finest of experiences but I thought it was maybe due to the fact that it had just opened. Visiting again today, I tried one of everything on the menu. It was 11:15 in the morning.
- Even though they open at 9am, the screens are turned off.
- Nutella and Lotus yogurt were not available yet.
- No music was playing in the background.
- There is no menu, or anything to choose from. So I ordered one of each and asked the man to do it the Yeh! way.
- 8 small tables make the place feel like an exam room.
- Espresso tastes like Turkish coffee.
As soon as the owner arrived, things started to improve:
- Screens were lit.
- Music started to play.
- Yeh! branded water bottles were offered.
- He also shared the new menu, which starts next week.
- Colorful, pink and light green. Mosaic decorates the floor.
- A glass facade opens onto a busy street.
- A long and open counter prepares food live in front of customers.
- Eight choices of yogurt - changed every week from a selection of 40- are presented on the wall facing the entrance.
- Big Yeh! cups decorate the four corners of the shop.
The offerings have improved:
To start with, there is less chocolate and Nutella decorating the plates. They look appetizing and classy. Generously covered with Oreo cookies, Twix and Lotus yogurt, everything looks better. Pancakes are prepared a la minute.
A morning in need of chocolate:
- The chocolate crepe is served on a large square plate and folded in a half-moon shape. Nutella inside, Nutella drizzled on top and chunks of cookie. The dough is a bit thicker than I'd like and a bit chewier than normal with hard borders; it was not freshly prepared.
- The pancakes are thick. Filled with lots of Nutella and decorated with Oreo and Lotus cookies. I loved the texture but with Nutella it becomes sticky and hard to swallow. I would personally add a watery and light sauce to lighten up the mix.
- Suggestion: Order the pancakes with Nutella and Lotus spread mixed together. It'll be tastier and easier to enjoy.
- The waffles have a mouthwatering look and presentation but lack the texture you expect. Way too chewy for a waffle when it should be lightly crunchy on the outside and airy on the inside.
- I've tried them all, and they really are good. A good consistency, a rich flavor, a fine texture and good taste. Blue Velvet is interesting despite its artificial color. The Lotus is excellent and the lemon sorbet is surely my favorite.
- The Nutella variety has the Nutella taste without the normal heaviness.
- Adequate sweetness and good taste.
More can be done but yet, big improvements since the last time I visited and I'm sure the menu, which includes sandwiches and salads, will get even better. Yeh! is a yogurt place to check out.