CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Grandiose Babel: Unique Architecture, Good Food and Joyful Moments
Babel: Where Every Detail is Mastered to Perfection
Babel Never Ceases to Amaze Me Every Time
Babel Restaurant, Dbayeh Lebanon
Babel: A New Menu, Same Great Taste
I'm not sure if you’ll appreciate another review of Babel, the fortress of Dbayeh... I've been here more than a dozen times and I wish I could find a single mistake. What I do find every time I go is delicious food, professional staff and a pleasant ambiance.
Since we upgraded the website, I wanted new photos of the place and a new experience to put a smile on my face, just like every other time I visit.
To appreciate Babel, you have to prepare yourself for the experience. The food isn’t your average, conventional Lebanese mezze, but a new approach, where they revisit and reimagine Lebanese food.
Beautifully presented, every plate promises a unique experience...
Today's visit was great, as always. A professional welcoming, tasty food, generous plates beautifully presented and the best of all was the hummos and the unique ashta bi ashta dessert.
Written on the menu: "The Babel journey is defined by culinary momenta that originates from exploring the richness of traditional Levantine cuisine. The re-imagined combinations of inherited ingredients allow us to offer a progressive and cultural cuisine."
I wasn’t ready to write another review, so I chose one plate, the simplest, a national treasure: Hummos. Their hummos is simply breathtaking.
- A light-colored hummos, which looks a little like Labneh, prepared without garlic and where the tahina and lemon blend together in a smooth mix of perfection. If the hummos is that good, imagine what the rest is like! I finished a whole plate of Hummos by myself, filling their whole wheat, homemade bread with the enjoyable blend.
- Ashta bel ashta, a dessert which deserves an award: Ashta ice cream perfectly prepared without any unneeded sweetness, topped with fresh ashta laid on a bed of flower jam and finished off with sugar syrup and crushed pistachio nuts. To be honest, the previous setup was more appealing, with the ashta portions that were bigger and the sugar syrup wasless sweet. Anyway, I am still in love with it.
- Waiters are welcoming and gentle. They are ready to answer all your questions. They know the ingredients in every dish.
- Oil, basil and olives are served with a special homemade bread to start. I love that.
- Babel's desserts are way beyond being delicious: They are awesome!
- The place's decoration and music are relaxing and enjoyable
For a detailed review of Babel, please read about my other visits.
This was my fourth time at Babel and I’ll surely be back. I enjoyed my night so much.