Bioland's farm in Sghar is a place to see and try with friends and family. But if that's somehow impossible, you can still enjoy the same flavor at their shop in Achrafieh.
Bioland shop sells everything organic. It also hosts a restaurant, a central kitchen and a delivery center. The menu proposes "Le Plat du Jour Bio" for LBP16,000, a 30cm sandwich for LBP6,000 and a salad with organic eggs or organic chicken breast for LBP11,000. It’s not only affordable, but it's organic, tasty and prepared by Chef Joe Barza.
The shop stands out from other organic shops in town. Bioland offers the widest array of fresh and processed organic products, grown and produced at the farmlands in Sghar or supplied by other local and international certifed organic producers.
These products include:
- Fresh Organic fruits & Vegetables
- Fresh Dairy Products
- Organic Goat, Lamb, & Beef Meat
- Organic Poultry & Eggs
- Organic Olive Oil, Jams, Compotes & Dried Fruits
- Organic Pulses & Cereals
- Organic Salad Bar, Sandwiches, Plat Du Jour, Burgers, & Juices
- Organic Goodies for Kids
- Organic Gluten-Free Products
Out on the sidewalk, we sat for lunch:
- Mdardra: I love this simple Lebanese dish and always make it a point to order it whenever I am at a Lebanese restaurant. Joe's moudardara is impeccable. Soft, tender, moist and full of flavors. Just wait for that note of enjoyable bitterness of the cooked lentil.
- Hummus with spicy red pepper paste: The great hummus taste followed with a spicy flavor that over takes your buds.
- Local organic Mozzarella cheese: a tasty soft mozzarella cheese with Lebanese flavors... That is what makes it special. The flavors of the terroir in an Italian creation. Olive and tapenade on top add the needed richness.
- Arnabiyet Samak served with rice: I love Arnabiye, but cooked with fish? A premiere for me which I appreciated a lot. The kebbe are prepared without the meat stuffing, chickpeas and white fish. Add rice and enjoy
- Zaatar, tomatoes, cucumbers, tomato paste, sumac and onions: yum... Just imagine all the ingredients mixed together with organic olive oil. A cocktail of textures and flavors is one of the simplest salads ever reflecting our local heritage
- Coq au vin: A tender and juicy piece of chicken floating in red wine sauce with carrots, onions and potato purée. A fine dining dish served in a casual restaurant.
Food, prepared by Chef Joe Barza is not only unique but fresh, natural, organic and full of taste. You feel the purity of each and every ingredient used. Affordable and healthy, lunch at Bioland is to be considered. Dine-in, sitting outside on the sidewalk or order a delivery and enjoy it at home.