CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Captain Cook: Super Foods for a Healthier Lunch (Restaurant Closed)
Lunch at Work? Captain Cook is Tasty, Generous and Affordable (Restaurant Closed)
Captain Cook, the famous Captain Cook is hanging on in there, despite the fact that the road it sits on is closed. Captain Cook needs your help, the restaurant hasn’t closed, and still delivers whatever you may need, even if their road is a nightmare.
Captain Cook is an innovative concept in town, offering what they call 'superfoods' at very affordable prices. Nestled in the heart of Downtown Beirut, facing the Saraya and the United Nations offices, this small eatery has a lot to offer. Captain Cook is the pioneer in offering Superfoods Cuisine in Lebanon where you can be sure to receive a clean hygienic service according to the GHP (Good Hygienic Practices) standard.
Leaving my car in the upper parking next to the Beirut Saraya, we walked down the road to meet the Captain. I'd been here two times already and every time I go I leave happy and impressed.
At Captain Cook the food is superb, the prices are reasonable, the ingredients are healthy and they guarantee a superb lunch without the calories or the heaviness that you really don’t need in the afternoon. Captain Cook is a must try for sure.
Superfood is a marketing term used to describe foods with supposed health benefits. A non-medical term popularized in the media to refer to foods that can have health-promoting properties such as reducing one's risk of disease or improving any aspect of physical or emotional health. So-called superfoods may have an unusually high content of antioxidants, vitamins, or other nutrients. Like superheroes swooping in to save the day, Superfoods are those that rescue our bodies from illness, provide us with healthier and thinner bodies and moral functions.
Captain Cook is the superhero chef whose special power is to mix Superfoods to serve you deliciously empowering natural meals.
Superfoods used in Captain Cook menu:
Quinoa, Blueberries, Broccoli, Pommegranate, Artichokes, Asparagus, Basil, Walnut, Flax seeds, Black seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Spinach, Salmon, Avocado, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Olive oil, Rosemary, Aneth, Carrots, Green tea.
Each meal can help you with one of the following: Heart, Immunity, Brain memory, Skin, Blood Pressure, Bones, Liver, Vision, Anti inflammatory, Cholesterol, Anti Cancer.
- The place is small with no tables but a bar that can seat up to 9 guests.
- A small cube with a cashier standing at the end.
- Super hero posters decorate the walls giving a childish look to the place.
- Red paper placemats are preset on the bar with a bizarrely looking fork and knife.
- Red walls to blend with the original logo.
- Look up for the big Captain Cook logo behind the counter.
- Don't expect much, the place is intended to sell for deliveries and take away. No fancy decoration or relaxing seating.
Good to know before we start:
- Delivery is the main business so don't judge after seeing the place.
- Eat at lunch since Captain cook closes for dinner.
- Healthy and filled with vitamins, the meals will boost your day.
- Captain cook proposes food to boost the body and mind.
- Usually, restaurants have one or two special items on the menu. In here the possibilities are endless.
- The concept behind Captain Cook is to offer a complete menu that is special and tailored for your benefit.
- Prices are cheap. The strategy is to have a lower profit but be affordable to a larger number of customers
The menu sections: (Which I discovered my logo on! Thank you for the trust)
Today's lunch was complete, a fulfilling experience I'll repeat sooner than you think:
- Captain Mix Salad LBP10,750:Breaded chicken, cheddar cheese, avocado, iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, corn green pepper, tortilla read, olives and bread. A loaded portion of mixed, colorful ingredients where crunchy lettuce, crispy tortilla fingers, slices of melting avocado and bits of corn are covered with a great sauce, making this salad a healthy and tasty meal.
- AC/DC Quinoa Salad LBP13,750: Quinoa, Halloumi cheese, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, blueberries, Taccos, green pepper and black seeds. Bravo! The special Captain sauce covers grilled Halloumi squares, a load of greenery and some finely cooked quinoa. A yummy salad with lots of benefits, great for a hefty enjoyable lunch.
- Potato Bomb LBP8,250:Baked potato, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, broccoli, corn and carrots. Wow! The well-cooked, tender potato, the moist ingredients, the smooth broccoli and the strongly aromatic spinach... All topped with melting cheese. Yes, all of the above stuffed in a potato, that's awesome!
- Swiss Knife Burger LBP8,500:Homemade burger meat, cheddar cheese, tomato and spinach, served in burger bun with Swiss mushroom sauce. The homemade feel of a Lebanese burger stuffed with a good, juicy meat, a slice of warm tomato, melted cheddar and lots of Swiss cheese with juicy mushrooms. A good burger, a really good, simple burger in a tender, fluffy bun. That's a very good burger, the burger of all ages, a burger with benefits, that really tastes like home.
- Bear Paws LBP15,750: Salmon, lemon, caper, cream cheese, mozzarella, rocca and mango. Take a deep breath and start contemplating this fine, round thing. Not the usual pizza you know, not a thick fluffy dough, no tomato sauce, but something you've never ever experienced before. A tortilla-thin crunchy crust topped with a generous portion of salmon topping a thin layer of cream cheese and a mountain of rocket leaves. To make it more unique and innovative, some mango cubes are left on top to add finesse and sweetness. Leave everything and order it now! I've had four slices. The flavors are majestic! The crunch, the smoothness, the sweetness, the oiliness of the salmon... Two thumbs up!
- Speedy Gonzales LBP9,500: Chicken strips, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, green peppers, rosemary, served in submarine bread with BBQ sauce. A premium, tender bun filled with a generous load of juicy chicken, a sweet hint of barbecue and lots of grilled vegetables. What looks like a chicken Philly sandwich is indeed smooth and clear in flavor.
- Steak Holder LBP10,750:Beef brochette, creamy cheese and onions, served in submarine bread with chipotle sauce and mayo steak sauce. A tender meat with a slightly sweet sauce in a tender sesame bun. I’m not too fond of sweet flavors, but this sandwich is surely unique. The quality of the meat is indeed exceptional, melting under the teeth with no chewing, no sliding and no hardness.
What an impressive lunch, tasty and enjoyable.
The best thing about Captain Cook's food is that all plates are generous and fulfilling, the prices are the lowest in this country and none have a side effect afterwards. Eat and continue working with a smile.
- Color coded menu with notes showing how each meal is good for your body.
- You eat what's written on the menu with no surprises and hidden ingredients.
- The prices are very low and affordable.
- The plates are all generously filled
With the sad situation happening around the Downtown area, Captain Cook is barely surviving. Despite the blocked road it still caters to deliveries wherever you are in the Beirut area. Good food is only a phone call away.
Thank you Lebanese Memes for this initiative, thanks for organizing a gathering to support a Captain in distress.