CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Captain Cook: Super Foods for a Healthier Lunch (Restaurant Closed)
Captain Cook: Healthy Tasty Delivery Just a Phone Call Away (Restaurant Closed)
I've already been to Captain Cook a couple months ago and decided to pass by again to discover a wider choice of those "Superfoods" that can help my body all by being tasty and fulfilling at the same time. Captain Cook is a new concept in town, offering what they call ‘superfoods’ at very affordable prices. Nestled in the heart of Downtown Beirut, facing the Saraya and the United Nations offices, this small eatery has a lot to offer. Captain Cook is the pioneer in offering Superfoods Cuisine in Lebanon where you can be sure to receive a clean hygienic service according to the GHP (Good Hygienic Practices) standard.
Superfood is a marketing term used to describe foods with supposed health benefits. A non-medical term popularized in the media to refer to foods that can have health-promoting properties such as reducing one’s risk of disease or improving any aspect of physical or emotional health. So-called superfoods may have an unusually high content of antioxidants, vitamins, or other nutrients.
Like superheroes swooping in to save the day, Superfoods are those that rescue our bodies from illness, provide us with healthier and thinner bodies and moral functions. Captain Cook is the superhero chef whose special power is to mix Superfoods to serve you deliciously empowering natural meals.
Superfoods used in Captain Cook menu: Quinoa, Blueberries, Broccoli, Pommegranate, Artichokes, Asparagus, Basil, Walnut, Flax seeds, Black seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Spinach, Salmon, Avocado, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Olive oil, Rosemary, Aneth, Carrots, Green tea Each meal can help you with one of the following: Heart, Immunity, Brain memory, Skin, Blood Pressure, Bones, Liver, Vision, Anti inflammatory, Cholesterol, Anti Cancer.
- The place is small with no tables but a bar that can seat up to 9 guests
- A small cube with a cashier standing at the end
- Super hero posters decorate the walls giving a childish look to the place
- Red paper placemats are preset on the bar with a bizarrely looking fork and knife
- Red walls to blend with the original logo
- Look up for the big Captain Cook logo behind the counter
- Don’t expect much, the place is intended to sell for deliveries and take away. No fancy decoration or relaxing seating
- Delivery is the main business so don’t judge after seeing the place
- Eat at lunch since Captain cook closes for dinner
- Healthy and filled with vitamins, the meals will boost your day
- Captain cook proposes food to boost the body and mind
- Usually, restaurants have one or two special items on the menu. The concept behind Captain Cook is to offer a complete menu that is special and tailored for your benefit
- Prices are cheap… really cheap. The strategy is to have a lower profit but be affordable to a larger number of customers
- Platters desserts
- Raphaiello Pasta 12,000L.L: (Tagliatelle pasta, spinach, broccoli, gorgonzola, cheese, special cream sauce, cherry tomato, parmesan cheese, chicken cubes) A rich and generous combination of ingredients that feel and look like a homemade plate. Cherry tomatoes cut in half, crunchy fresh broccoli and chicken cubes all served very hot with cheese on top. The pasta is very good and full of interesting flavors. I really enjoyed it. Chicken is juicy, creamy, light and adequately salted. The pepper aftertaste is interesting. Eat it as quickly as you can since the pasta continues cooking in its sauce
- Steak holder sandwich 8,250L.L: (Beef brochette, onion, red pepper, creamy cheese, special steak sauce, extra virgin olive oil, edam cheese, tomato, submarine bread) Inside one of the softest sandwich buns available in town is a rich filling that made me smile. A non chewy but tender meat mixed with a lemony flavor, a BBQ sauce and a rich choice of vegetables. I loved the sesame covering the bun that make a big difference in taste. My friend and I couldn't but look at each other meaning to say that the sandwich is great
- The Captain Burger 7,500L.L: (Burger meat, burger bun, avocado, BBQ special sauce, cheddar cheese, tomato, grilled onions, iceberg lettuce, sautéed mushroom, fried egg) YES! all of this for only 5$: A thick juicy meat topped with a soft and tender avocado and non oily eggs all combined under one tender bun like no other. To add even more flavor and finesse to this perfect street burger, fresh mushrooms and crunchy grilled onions mixed with the special sauce would really let you say yum. Different interesting textures that are more than perfect for its low price. You get a better value than any other 10$ burger around the city. For lunch at work, I do recommend it specially that its not fatty and non oily
- The super wedges are great 5,250L.L: (Wedges potato, mozzarella cheese, paprika, rosemary, spinach, special cocktail sauce) Those wedges are as good as Captain cook's French fries. To start with, the plate is nice to look at with its beautiful colors and cheese covering it. The wedges on another hand are served hot, crunchy and perfectly cooked. The seasoning adds finesse and flavorings that will make you want to finish all the plate. Those are one of the few wedges in town without garlic powder topping
- Color coded menu with notes showing how each meal is good for your body
- You eat what's written on the menu with no surprises and hidden ingredients
- The prices are very low and affordable
- The plates are all generously filled
- Parking is not easy and may be hard to find. You would have to park more than 200meters away
- The place is not the best you would expect. It definitely needs a full refurbishment
- Get your food delivered, it's definitely better than dining in
- Meat and pasta should be cooked a bit less taking into consideration that items continue their cooking process while being delivered