On Sunday, April 7, 2013, from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm the Mar Mikhael area will be transformed into a pedestrian zone. Free entertainment involving, art, music, sports, and environmental activities, will be offered to adults and children.
“DISCOVER MAR MIKHAEL” is part of a pioneering, environmental, and apolitical project “Achrafieh 2020”, which aims to transform the district of Achrafieh in a healthy environment, a dream space to live in.
- 10.00 am to 5.00 pm bike rentals with Beirut by Bikes.
- Photography Exhibition with Beirut Street Photography.
- Street Musicians.
- Children corner with arts crafts and cultural activities around themed around nature and the environment, with le Club des 2 Clowns from 11.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- Sports challenge.
- Giant Banquet in collaboration with Souk El Tayyeb
- Arts and Crafts exhibition with objects of all kinds.
- Sculpture: From clean waste, residents will be invited to create a sculpture together under the leadership of Imad Abdelnour. The sculpture will remain on display on the premises.
- Several painters scattered along the street and live painting Mar Mikhael landscapes.
- The 149th Live painting show with Bernard Renno.
- Street shows: Fanfares; stilt walkers; bike show; Roller show.
- Planting with the participation of residents in different locations - mainly on the stairs.
- Recycling project with “G”.
- 10 artists will revamp the old metal buses' carcasses to the sound of music mixed by Medea (Graffitis show)
Tags: Restaurants Lebanon Beirut Art Street Achrafieh Mar Mikhael Children 2020 Achrafieh 2020 Sports Imad Abdelnour Bernard Renno Roller show Graffitis show Painting show Recycling Souk El Tayyeb