- Current destinations for return flights from 21st May till 30th June include Chicago, Frankfurt, London Heathrow, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Sydney and Toronto.
- Stringent entry restrictions remain in place upon arrival in Dubai which includes: a mandatory DHA test on arrival; a mandatory 14 day quarantine and a follow up test before release.
- Safety and wellbeing of customers and crew remain Emirates’ top priorities.
- All Emirates aircraft will go through enhanced cleaning and disinfection processes in Dubai, after each journey.
- COVID-19 flight and travel restrictions remain in place across many countries around the world. We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves, and we hope to resume services as soon as conditions allow. This includes receiving government approvals, the easing of travel restrictions, and commercial demand. We will announce any service resumption when we are in a position to do so.
How to book your ticket?
You can book your ticket on emirates.com or with your travel agent.
Please note that if a flight is sold out on emirates.com it will show as not applicable. You can check the weekly calendar at the bottom of the page to select the next available date.
How do I check if I am eligible to travel?
If you are considering booking one of these flights to get back to Dubai, you will need to ensure you have The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) approval here before you book your flight.
If you are considering booking one of these flights out of Dubai or from/to Australia and the UK, please check iatatravelcentre.com and follow the local government guidance.
Can I change my destination or refund my ticket?
Applicable fare rules; at the time you issue your ticket, will apply.
What is expected from me?
The flights will be operated from the respective international airport in each country. You will need to arrive at check-in 4 hours ahead of departure to avoid any delays. Please bring your own face mask, hand gloves and abide by social distancing rules. You will need to bring the approval letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs allowing you to return back to the UAE.
What are the items allowed in the cabin?
Cabin baggage will not be accepted on these flights. Items allowed will be limited to laptop, handbag, briefcase or baby items; any other items will have to be checked in.
Can I check-in online and choose my seat?
No, online check-in is not available on these flights. However, our operational teams will pre-assign seats.
What products and services will I have on these flights?
We will operate a modified inflight product and service offering on these flights. Onboard Wi-Fi is available for purchase only. Inflight retail as well as magazines and other print reading material will not be available, and while food and beverages will continue to be offered on board, packaging, content and presentation may be modified to reduce contact during meal service and the risk of infection. Emirates Lounges and Chauffeur-drive services are temporarily unavailable during this period.
Emirates COVID 19 waiver policy important information
What are the different reasons your ticket/ booking could be affected (for tickets issued on or before 30 June 2020 with at least one coupon where the scheduled Emirates departure is on or before 30 November 2020)?
- Flight Cancellation: Emirates flight is cancelled for a specific date or route is suspended for a continuous period of time
- Travel ban: Where there is an explicit government notification that prohibits travel from either point of journey origin or destination
- Travel advisory: A general government advisory against non-essential travel but no travel ban
- Visa process change / Quarantine: Visa process which required visiting an embassy/consulate OR mandatory quarantine at origin or destination
- Passenger is unable to reach airport: Countries which have a government lockdown and passengers are unable to reach airport
Can I request a full refund or travel voucher even if my flight hasn’t been cancelled?
Yes, you can request a refund or travel voucher if your flight hasn’t been cancelled. However, if your request is not related to the current COVID-19 situation, the refund or voucher amount will be processed according to the fare rules available on your ticket.
A change fee and/or a difference in fare may also apply if you choose to change the date or destination of your booking.
What can I do if I have a ticket for a destination that currently has travel restrictions but I’m not sure if this will still be in effect on my date of travel?
You have several options available to you if your flight has not yet been cancelled. You can keep your booking and look out for updates on the situation at your destination. You can also reschedule or cancel your booking.
However, please note that if your situation doesn’t fall under the requirements of our relaxed policies due to the COVID-19 situation, a change fee and/or fare difference may apply if you decide to change or cancel your trip.
Check out our Keep your ticket page to learn more about all the options available to you.
What can I do if my situation is not covered under your relaxed polices due to COVID-19 but I want to cancel my trip anyway?
You can still reschedule or cancel your flight. However, please note that a change fee and/or fare difference may apply. And if you choose to request a refund for this booking, the amount will be processed according to the fare rules of your ticket.