Since Quinoa is very in these days, here's a recipe that will interest you - Gluten-Free Banana and Quinoa Bread!
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (mash them with a fork)
- 2 organic eggs, whisk
- 1/4 cup almond milk (see below for a DIY recipe)
- 1/4 cup organic melted organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups of quinoa flour
- 3/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 100 g dark chocolate bar, break into very small chunks (Make sure it’s gluten-free if you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity)
Method: Combine banana, sugar, eggs, coco oil, almond milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix both batches of ingredients together and stir well. If you find the batter is still too dry, add a touch more almond milk. Grease a medium size loaf pan and pour mixture into it. Bake at 175 degrees C for 50-55 minutes until a fork inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes before you remove it from the pan. It will rise about 5 to 6.5cm. DO IT YOURSELF ALMOND MILK:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- water for soaking the almonds
- 3 cups water
- 2 dates (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Soak the almonds in water overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the almonds and discard. Blend the 3 cups of water, almonds and dates until well blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth or other strainer.
- Homemade raw almond milk will keep well in the refrigerator for three or four days.
by Joy Mccarthy