The village of Hammana is known for its cherry blossom and has been celebrating Cherry Day every year for more than fifty years. This year, in partnership with Hammana Municipality, Hammana Artist House is also celebrating Cherry Day and you are all invited to spend joyful moments of poetry and imagination with the whole family! Circus and puppet theatre performances are on the programme.
- Date: Sunday 10 June 2018
- Times: interventions of 30 minutes every hour starting 1pm and until 6:30pm
- Entrance is free and no reservation is required.
- Cherry Day is celebrated all over Hammana and you can start your day from 11am -
Full programme here: https://www.facebook.com/events/599253247107690/
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCES
- CIRCUS | 1PM, 2PM, 4PM, 5PM
- DUO 1: Aerial performer Cecile Mont Reynaud (FR) & musician Ghassan Sahhab (LB)
- DUO 2: Aerial performer Hanadi Rajeh (LB) & musician Ali Hout (LB)
- PUPPET THEATRE | 3PM & 6PM
- KEN FI ASFOUR AA SHAJRA (There was a bird on a tree) by COLLECTIF KAHRABA: There was a bird on a tree is based on the book of the nursery rhymes collection published by Dar Onboz in which Najla Jreissati Khoury gathered over 400 rhymes in a period of 30 years from all over Lebanon. It is the story of a Lebanese teta-grandmother who sleeps a lot and wakes up to plant strange seeds. With each seed grows a nursery rhyme during her sleep. It is her story and the story of so many Lebanese grandmothers who collect memories from our oral tradition which sometimes fly with clouds or continue with the younger ones or maybe are put in a book. Created at the request of Dar Onboz publishing house for the Arabic Book fair in Beirut, with the support of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Foundation, this play tours in theatres, public spaces, gardens, roof tops, and was presented more than 150 times all over Lebanon.
See you in Hammana!