CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Ichiban Sushi Cuisine, Still One of my Favorites
Ichiban Cuisine: The Metn Welcomes a Decent Japanese Restaurant (Restaurant Closed)
Ichiban: Sushi Rolls with a Lebanese Inspiration
A New Concept: Rice Free Sushi Rolls at Ichiban (Discontinued)
Ichiban Sushi Cuisine, Beirut (First Review Back in 2012)
Ichiban Express Delivery: Professional Packaging, Good Food
A Quick Bite on the Go at Ichiban: Enjoying a Sushi Burrito at the Trendy Mtayleb Location
Ichiban Cuisine, Now in Dbayeh's Blueberry Square (Restaurant Closed)
Ichiban has been around for many years now and I always showed my appreciation for this place. They really have one of the best Japanese cuisine in town with a taste that is always getting better with time. A point that must be made as not every place in Lebanon gets better, some start well and go downhill with time. Although the food is unbeatable, I can not say the same about the service and overall set up of the place. Just like we need to keep ourselves updated with food and new items on the menu, the premises of every restaurant must be kept perfect on all levels.
Ichiban, located on the Zalka highway has one of the best locations for a restaurant welcoming its guests into its two floor venue overlooking one of Lebanon's busiest highways. But I must make a few points here. Ichiban's premises and details like the over used furniture, bad lighting (that was off that day), broken restrooms and dirty menus where clients have scribbled on (check photos)... These things must be attended to as soon as possible. Such details must not be taken for granted considering that Ichiban is one of the most expensive Sushi restaurants in town. You pay as much as you do at The Sushi Bar or Osaka only with bad service in an unpleasant place.
The service! Peek of the unprofessionalism. Kids driving plates. That's the least I can say. They open conversations, shout out for each other, prepare tables while guests are waiting and much more. The last time I went to Ichiban, the operation manager was having his business meetings and shouting next to the guests! We heard him shouting and swearing as if he was alone. It really makes me sad when things are taken for granted this way... When tasty and good restaurants drop down for silly reasons... When the staff doesn't reflect the passion and professionalism of the owner...
"Ichiban is really one of the best tasting sushi providers in Lebanon, so please attend to these details soon"
But like I said, I can't deny the good food served. They are truly extraordinary. Each piece and mix of ingredients is a genius's work of art. Roasted salmon, foie gras, beef, tartar, chips, fetta, spinach, baby fish, jalapenos are few of the unique ingredients no one has dared to wrap into a Japanese bite. Go and try it you really wont regret it.
The new rolled items:
- Roasted salmon (Scottish roasted smoked salmon, orange, naked, rice)
- Truffle foie gras (black truffle, foie gras, apple)
- Crispy beef (crispy beef, phil a cheese)
- Le parmesan (creamy parmesan shrimp, crab, avocado)
- Fish n chips (chips, fish tempura, tartar)
- Tripoli (Tripoly style tajen, fried tempura fish)
- Salad bar (fetta, spinach, cucumber, avocado)
- Exotic eel (eel, litchi, phila cheese, ikura)
- Bezri caviar (fried baby fish, tempura, avocado)
- Exotic salmon (smoked salmon, phila cheese, litchi, ikura)
- Beirut Tokyo (fried bread, fresh basil, baby fish, lemon, avocado, taratour)
- Edamame (Squid special sauce)
- Mexico (jalapeños, philadelphia cheese, chicken, avocado)
- Sushi cake (Smoked salmon, crazy, avocado, rice)
- Crispy beef salad (Crispy beef, lettuce): A delicious and unique creation.
- Ichiban recommends no soya with all Ichiban wraps
- A star for special items
- A circle for maternity friendly items with no raw ingredients
- New: for new items on the menu