CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
La Petite Table: A Soothing and Enjoyable Breakfast (Restaurant Closed)
On Dbayeh's internal road is a new cluster of restaurants, beautiful Gardens, where Sud, Smoking Bun, Enab, Yoshi and La Petite Table among others blend together in a green space worth visiting...
It's a soothing space enchanted by positive vibes, where natural light comes in through the glass facades. Find pending chandeliers over a fresh melting pot of colorful materials; relaxing sofas and a main bar where breakfast is served every morning while a salad bar takes over for the day. Soft music plays in the background, as I sat down... and didn't want to leave for long.
I came in early to try the breakfast. It was 8am as the staff prepares. Everything here is homemade; locally baked fresh bread, croissant and pastries, a kitchen loaded with ideas and here for breakfast you have the choice to order a selection of eggs, crepes, waffles, croissants and the buffet display.
On the buffet:
- Three jars containing olives. Dried tomatoes and walnuts.
- A bread basket.
- MyMoune jams and spreads.
- Chocolate, Halawa chocolate and Dulce de Leche cream.
- Cheese and J.Grove olive oil.
- Ten bowls of Labneh, cheese and cold cuts. Three others contain freshly cut vegetables.
- A premium selection of ham, fruits and imported cheese.
- Two cakes.
- Oum Ali a-la-Francaise.
- Danish pastry and croissants.
The breakfast experience:
- Today's breakfast started with the buffet selection. Cheese, ham, labneh and olive oil, I enjoyed the warm crunchy fresh bread as well as Mymoune's jams. A fine cutlery, beautiful plates, bread baskets, a professional staff...
- Eggs followed... The eggs are prepared to perfection using fine dining techniques. Eggs with chorizo and mini potatoes, a masterpiece to say the least. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and herring eggs are like nothing I've had before in Lebanon.
- Tender square bread lightly toasted, a selection of jams served in mini pots on a wooden board... I was happy and feeling very relaxed.
- The croissant and Danish pastry table is to be taken seriously. Flaky croissant with a crunchy envelope and a buttery tender heart stuffed with white cheese or dark chocolate. French croissant needs a bit more airiness but surely better than a thousand others around town. The fine croissant are hand-rolled meticulously, with a shiny look and a golden color. They will make your mouth water.
Breakfast in Metn, now you know where to go.
What an experience! This is breakfast I enjoyed to the smallest of details. La Petite Table is a place I'll visit again soon and will recommend to all my friends.