CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Le Merou: Excellent Food, Great Value for Money! (Restaurant Closed)
Located in Achrafieh, Le Merou is both a fish market that sells fresh daily catch on the ground floor and boasts a restaurant on the upper floor.
An aquarium occupies the right side of this square shape fish shop, a bar takes over the left and facing the entrance is a selection of fresh fish lying on fresh ice. I was hungry, craving for a fresh sandwich, the same one I used to enjoy every single week at Souk el Akel.
Our story with Le Merou started at Souk el Akel. Fresh Bizri fish sandwiches, octopus marinated in lemon juice rolled in thin and tender bread. Le Merou staff is welcoming, their food is delicious and the team behind the place reflects the passion behind the brand.
Follow Le Merou on Instagram... Their photos will make your mouth water. Colors, great lighting, generous sandwiches while giving a feeling of fun and life.
The shop has a selection of nine sandwiches, meals with French fries and a salad, and drinks along with grilled and fried fish and some starters based around fish.
Lunch stared with a bowl of termoss.
The shop's details:
- Blue is the main color.
- Greek music plays in the background.
- Blue leather covers the tables.
- A bar on the upper floor serves the drinks.
- A TV display of dishes on offer.
- White walls inspire freshness.
- Fattouch: delicious. A mix of fresh vegetables (purslane, fried bread, lettuce, tomatoes, radish and mint) with a flavorful sauce of lemon and pomegranate.
- Hummus: As good as you'd expect.
- The sandwiches: Amazing, even better than at Souk el Akel itself. A thin piece of lightly toasted bread, lemon and olive oil with a juicy heart. The fresh, juicy fish, grilled or fried, are amazing. I can't describe how delicious they are. The blend of different textures and flavors, perfectly balanced to amaze. I'm so happy to have discovered Le Merou at the Souks and now visiting them at their location makes me reconfirm my love for their sandwiches.
- The raw fish sandwich is not to be missed. Yes, a memorable sashimi sandwich.
- Oh my god! The toasted octopus sandwich, the rich olive oil, the flavors... It's simply awesome.
- Grilled octopus... enjoy with a fork: a not to miss treat.
You can now enjoy some amazing fish sandwiches available in Achrafieh.