Today, I was invited by McDonald's Lebanon to be the very first to taste their French Burger, which is a part of the Taste Of The World series. A burger that's new in content and certainly unique in its kind.
Meeting up with the McDonald's team and staff at their Antelias branch, everyone welcomed me to reveal their new creation:
The French Burger. Focusing on meat itself, this new burger is nothing but a simple bun embracing a piece of meat decorated with a couple of fresh onion rings. That's it. No ketchup, no lettuce, no pickles and no seasoning... Behind this ultimate creation is a long process of marination where the meat goes through, making it so juicy and tasty that the focus is on the meat and that alone. This burger is so simple, so clean and so clear, a bun with a large quarter pounder meat in the middle (114 grams).
The marination sauce ingredients: Chicken stock, wheat flour, black pepper, water, salt, oil, soya sauce, onions and garlic.
The process: Placed in a special machine, imported specially for the occasion, the sauce is heated for 10 minutes before dropping the meat into it. The meat is left to marinate for 15 minutes. It then becomes so juicy that it doesn't need any additional ingredient or condiment to soften up the bun further. This is the process the meat goes through before becoming a burger. After that, only a couple of freshly cut raw onion rings are placed on the meat. The burger is ready to be served...
First impression: It's HOT! I mean it literally. This burger is so freaking spicy! It's surely not for the faint-hearted. And surely not for kids.
McDonald's, with the creation of the French Burger is raising the bar even higher. They have created a burger that goes through a process only seen in fine dining establishments.
The minuses in my opinion:
- It's too spicy. Fiery hot. Too much for a fast food burger
- The onions have nothing to do here. They crunch unpleasantly and remove all the classiness this creation has to offer
- It surely needs some cheese. I ordered one with Emmental and the difference is breathtaking. More aromas, more softness and more flavors that keep the required aftertaste which prepares your taste buds for the next bite.
This burger is a must try but:
- Pay attention: it's too hot and will make you sweat
- It's not made for the faint-hearted and the weak ones out there; I surely do not recommend it for kids below 16 years of age
- Try it without the onions, like I did, you won't regret it. I don't even want to imagine their crunch
- Ask for a slice of cheese for an additional 500L.L - My message here to the management: Sell this burger with cheese at no additional cost
- Have a soft drink handy. You will need to sip on it after every bite
I would love to hear your opinion about it when you try it. The French Burger will be available in the market starting Wednesday, May 8th. The countdown has begun...