CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Pzza.Co… Will Put a Smile on your Face… I was Overwhelmed
PZZA.Co: Great Food and Extravagant Dessert Pizzas
Pzza.Co: Fluffy Borders and Tasteful Heart
Pzza.Co's New Menu: Introducing New Items, Same Great Taste
Pzza.Co: My Second Visit After the Opening
When I remember the last time I visited Pzza.Co, I realise how fast time passes... Two years have already passed! I love Pzza.Co, their food, flavors, concept and ideas. Pzza.Co is much more than your Italian pizza place, it's your casual Italian restaurant oozing simplicity and style at the same time.
I've been here a dozen times or more and left satisfied and happy every single time. Back for the great food, the service, the generous plates, the colorful offerings and the guarantee of enjoying a unique memorable meal. Having lunch at Pizza.Co, I ordered several favourites from the neighbours as well.
- Lunch started with the corn salad. Fresh yellow corn grilled to perfection mixed with diced tomatoes, parsley, bell pepper and onions. A delicious salad which I've loved from day one. However it has an overpowering taste of onions which I would have removed. Served on a round plate is a mountain of freshly grilled corn on the cob for smoothness mixed with crunchy corn nuts for a crunchiness that’s subtle, with diced tomatoes for the sweetness, a hint of lemon and lots of olive oil. It looks so simple with its yellow color, but its flavor is out of this world. Diced red bell pepper, coriander for a touch of greenery and Lupin Beans (Termoss). I loved the crunchiness and spicy after note, the citrus boost as well as the strong oiliness that takes you to a trip to Italy and back. Fresh, colorful and tasty!
- The quinoa salad is a trip to your grandpa's garden. It's more than a salad, it's a journey that starts with a subtle sweetness followed by a strong tanginess while the complicated textures explode like fireworks in your mouth. Radish, green beans, crunchy almond flakes, sunflower seeds and that unique cherry dressing.
- The kale salad... a large portion of fresh crispy kale, sour green apples, fennel, toasted pecan, and sunflower seeds with a superb honey cherry dressing.
- One of Lebanon's best pizzas can be found at Pzza.Co. It's about that very thin dough, that homemade flavorful tomato sauce, melting cheese of premium quality, a light crispy border and then comes the aromatic flavor of the crust. Perfectly rounded, filled with the richest of ingredients, I looked at my pizza as a colorful piece of edible art, where all my senses were activated the minute I laid eyes on it. I can still visualize the strong red color... simply candy to my eyes. The dough is thin, fine and light. It’s great to feel the extraordinary crust prepared with love and dedication... filled with aromas and flavors. It starts with a simple bite, which takes you on a journey around Italy and its wonders. Just when you think that the experience is over, you'll reach the edges! Awesome edges... Pleasantly crunchy yet soft in the middle... you do not want to miss out on this one... A salty aftertaste will put a smile on your face. I loved the pizza so very much, and I can tell you confidently you must come and try one of Lebanon's best pizzas.
- Escalope milanese with spaghetti pomodoro and a squeeze of lemon. When the veal is tender and the batter is not oily, when the crunch is enjoyable and the spaghetti al dente... when no lemon is even needed and the mix of both creates a mouthwatering blend... the veal escalope is a must try!
From the neighbors, I ordered a couple items I always crave:
- The two ounce burger called the potato roll uses a superbly soft potato bread and that unique signature juicy patty. When the meat is just real, juicy and extremely flavorful, when the vegetables are fresh and the pickles crunchy adding to that the superb potato bread imported all the way from the states... you get the special edition 2 ounces that will make your heart skip a beat.
- Chickpeas aubergine is today's special; I'm not sure where it comes from but it's great! Crunchy chickpeas cooked al dente in a tomato sauce, pine nuts and pomegranate bits that make all the difference. It's so yummy!
- Roasted turkey, a huge sandwich like the ones the delis of New York City serve, a dozen layers of thinly sliced turkey breast, fresh lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes, avocado and love, much love. A sandwich like you see it in the movies, dozens of layers, amazing bread, colors, flavors... a journey! Rare are the restaurants creating good sandwiches in this country of ours. Deli.Co is a sandwich king!
Been here, done that a dozen times and still enjoy it as if it was the very first time: the experience; the food; the vibes… I love it here!