CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Pzza.Co… Will Put a Smile on your Face… I was Overwhelmed
PZZA.Co: Great Food and Extravagant Dessert Pizzas
Pzza.Co's New Menu: Introducing New Items, Same Great Taste
Pzza.Co: My Second Visit After the Opening
Pzza, Brgr, Deli: The Co. Family Serves Great Food!
There are some places I can't get enough of... One of them is Pzza.Co. Their pizzas and their amazing crust, the salads, the pastas, the appetizers... I leave with a smile on my face every time I come here.
Lunch started with a plate of olive oil focaccia bread, served with olive oil. Homemade bread soaked in olive oil, a golden look, crunchy borders, an airy heart and great flavors. A superb first impression.
I've been here a couple of times already, so let's move directly to the food part:
- Baby spinach salad with toasted pine nuts with a traditional balsamic vinaigrette: A fresh and healthy salad where the pine nuts crunch in style leaving a pleasant aftertaste. Look out for the subtle and enjoyable sweet taste of the balsamic vinegar
- Boccancini in Carrozza: Baby mozzarella cheeses, breaded, and served with a tomato basil sauce. In a deep plate, and laid on a bed of homemade tomato sauce, seven chunks of breaded mozzarella sit majestically, waiting to be devoured. Chunks of fresh, watery and oil-free mozzarella surrounded by a thin, crunchy envelope of fried bread. Pick one up with a spoon, fill it with tomato sauce and enjoy a fine taste of freshness, acidity, water and pure white cheese. The textures are enough to make you drool.
Every item on the menu is unique!
The "Pzza" is just awesome: Perfectly rounded, filled with the richest of ingredients, I looked at my pizza as a colorful piece of edible art, where all my senses were activated the minute I laid eyes on it. I can still visualize the bold red color... simply candy to my eyes. The dough is thin, fine and light. It’s great to taste the extraordinary crust prepared with love and dedication... filled with aromas and flavors. It starts with a simple bite, which takes you on a journey around Italy and its wonders. Just when you think that the experience is over, you'll reach the edges! Awesome edges... Pleasantly crunchy yet tender in the middle... you will not want to miss out on this one... A salty aftertaste will put a smile on your face. I loved the pizza so very much, and I can tell you confidently to go try one of Lebanon's best pizzas.
- The Marinara Pizza, with its fresh tomato, fresh basil, oregano and extra virgin olive oil is extraordinarily tasty. A pizza with an intense, strong, red color that's both mouthwatering and intriguing at the same time. The perfectly combined flavors and textures will make you moan from joy. Bravo, dear Pizzaolo, you made my day.
- The Buffalo Mozzarella Pizza contains fresh tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil, and is so fresh, so enjoyable and so simple. Feel the cooked tomatoes as they burst in a shower of flavor on your tongue while the mozzarella, floating in style, caresses your taste buds. Don't forget to take a deep breath to enjoy the fresh aromas and the intense aroma of basil.
More pizzas were to come...
- The Burratta Pizza: An eye candy kind of a plate, a beautiful UFO generously filled with fresh, watery mozzarella chunks, sweet cherry tomatoes and rocket leaves. Recommended!
- The Shrimp Pizza: Take a quick look and prepare yourself to fall in love. Zucchini and shrimp blend perfectly together with some tomatoes and basil. What a majestic creation.
- Smoked Salmon Pizza: As simple as the name suggests, a pizza that's tasty and guaranteed to leave you with a nice, long lasting aftertaste. 100 grams of premium smoked salmon, and with that some chives, capers, lemon quarters and a bed of cream cheese.
Have you tried the pasta at Pzza.Co?
Now for the best part... A ritual you don't want to miss... Try their dessert pizza: Beyond the Caramel and Nutella, both superb and exquisite, I tried something new, a special edition: peanut butter and jelly. A lightly crunchy and spongy dough that’s enjoyable all the way... But beware of biting your fingers by mistake because it tastes amazing. The full-bodied peanut butter cream, which adds a light saltiness, is finished off by a sweet topping of jelly. A perfect mix, a nice innovation.
Pzza.Co is still a recommended venue, a restaurant where the pizza speaks for itself. An amazing dough, unique ingredients, beautiful plates and professional service. All that explains why I visit often.