CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Le Gray's Rooftop Cigar Lounge: Enjoy Beirut's View with Every Puff (Closed)
A Five Stars Breakfast in the Room at Hotel Le Gray, Beirut (Restaurant Closed)
Le Gray Hotel, Downtown Beirut (Closed)
Breakfast at Le Gray: Starting Your Day in Style (Restaurant Closed)
Celebrating Brazilian Gastronomy at Le Gray with Chefs Paolo and Erik (Restaurant Closed)
Did You Know that Hotel Le Gray can Host Your Wedding? (Closed)
A Cigar, A Single Malt and Classical Music Overviewing Downtown Beirut (Restaurant Closed)
Spending the Weekend at Le Gray Beirut: A Memorable Experience (Closed)
Breakfast at Le Gray in Beirut: Enjoy The View and Have Delicious Spinach Eggs Benedict
An Open Letter to the Chef at Le Gray: Bringing Love from France...
Spending the weekend at Le Gray Beirut I planned to have lunch up at Indigo. Enchanted with soothing music, this place is managed by professional staff. Indigo welcomes you for brunch on Sunday. I walked in expecting a regular buffet or probably a barbecue, but what I discovered was much more than meets the eye.
Today's review is not only about Le Gray's tasty food, managed by my friend Darren Andow, the hotel's executive master chef, but about the details that make the experience a memorable one.
Arrive at the reception desk and be directed to your table. A moving tray approaches you to propose a fresh drink of Martini or Prosecco while you prepare to check the buffet. This is honestly where I was surprised. It's much more than a buffet, it's a journey around cuisines from around the world, displayed on four distinct islands. The buffet includes a fine selection of homemade creations presented in a trendy way. Let me take you around this rich buffet, while sipping on my long glass of passion fruit and rosé Prosecco Bellini.
The main buffet:
- A fresh display of oysters
- Sushi, Makis and fresh salmon on a bed of ice
- Smoked salmon and shrimps with lemon, wasabi and capers
- Lebanese salad display with hummus, fattouch, beetroot, potato, roma lettuce, lentil and freekeh salads...
- A salad bar with nine choices
- Endless choice of cold cuts
- A live station of tacos and quesadillas
The side table:
- Seven kinds of cheese displayed on slate
- Croissants and doughnuts, Lebanese toasted pita bread covered with sesame and Polly seeds
- Italian sundried tomato focaccia
- French baguette
The barbecue station:
The hot kitchen bar:
- Sea bass and banana with ginger, lemon grass and garlic. On the side add Hollandaise sauce, Thai dog sauce and steamed rice
- Steamed Carrots
- Cauliflower Grattin
- Huge Ribeye ready to be cut
- Truffle potato Pére
- Roasted potatoes
- Chicken breast with truffle gnocchi cream
- Seafood linguini
The dessert corner:
- Cheesecake Baklava
- Pistachio and chocolate macaron
- Chocolate moelleux
- Almond and vanilla profiterole
- Apple cinnamon crumble
- Red velvet cake
- Lemon meringue tart
- Pecan caramel tart
- Chocolate mousse and nemelica cake
- Catalana passion fruit
- Crème brûlée vanilla with crumbled chocolate in a wine glasses
- Trifle chocolate cups
- Raspberry crème brûlée verrine
- Ice cream
Endless choices to satisfy all cravings, beautifully displayed in cast iron marmites or displayed on thick wooden boards. Your wishes are realized in seconds with amazing chefs and attentive staff.
Good food is served here, an enjoyable experience, a great family gathering. I'll be back very soon.