CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Zuruni: Fresh, Tasty and Colorful Lebanese Food on the Highway
Second time at Zuruni, the Lebanese restaurant open next to Aishti on the seaside. I loved Zuruni’s food the first time, and here I come again to experience what this beautiful place has to offer. A big white box decorated with lots of wood, a bar and a floor of concrete, Zuruni is like an indoor garden decorated with trees. A high ceiling half with timber and half with glass, four televisions, sofas, and wooden tables.
On the menu: Salads, cold mezza, hot Mezza, arayess, bites, furn, sandwiches, grills, desserts.
With Lebanese food, have Arak. At Zuruni, Arak has a ritual. A high tables is brought in on which a bottle of water, another of arak, a bucket of ice are ready to be mixed in a glass jug. I like the glasses and plates at Zuruni; they add color to the place.
Yummy food is served here: a refreshing tabbouleh, a creamy and balanced hummus, zesty grapevine leaves, a crunchy Kebbeh Sajieh, moist eggs, and Kawarma and flavorful makanek. I loved the fattouch mixed with pomegranate molasses; vegetables cut in small pieces and decorated with a spaghetti of toasted bread. The Laban ma3jou2a is a must try; what the chef manages to create is a balance and equilibrium of flavors taking the conventional Lebanese cuisine to another level. Try the arayess; toasted bread upside down and stuffed with juicy Kafta.
What I liked:
- The plates presentation
- The food taste and quality
- The music choice and level.
What I’ll change:
- Please stop throwing the spoons everywhere; look at how bad looking the plates are in pictures.
- You don’t have to take photos to be respected and pampered.
Best for last, keep some space for dessert:
- The karate cake is made of three thick layers of katayef stuffed with walnuts, ashta and pistachio mafroukeh. A heavy load of Lebanese favorites joining forces into one bite to impress.
- The knefeh fondue is another story: more of a show, the molten cheese and smeed comes me together in a pan, ready to be drizzled with sugar syrup. It’s a fun thing to order
It’s fun; it’s excellent and enjoyable to try; I loved the food, for the second time in less than a month, and would recommend this restaurant to all my friends.