CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
La Petite Maison Beirut: A Fine Culinary Experience Filled with European Flavors (Restaurant Relocated)
La Petite Maison: In the Kitchen with Chef Patron Raphael Dontoye
La Petite Maison: A Dinner... En Tête a Tête (Restaurant Relocated)
La Petite Maison: A Casual Chic French Restaurant (Restaurant Relocated)
La Petite Maison: Coming Back Soon to Downtown Beirut
La Petite Maison Beirut Is Back Fresher and Bigger
La Petite Maison Beirut: Sharing Delicious and Colorful Plates
La Petite Maison Beirut; Bravo for the Food not the Service
I love it, simply love it. La Petite Maison is a coup de coeur I've been following around the world wherever I travel. La Petite Maison Beirut is back with a new location, a new staff, but the same amazing menu.
It's a classy space filled with tables of different sizes and shapes covered with white table cloths. Black high chairs, camel leather seats with arm supports, glass olive oil bottles, white curtains with the logo printed in violet, thin crystal wine glasses, and yellow and red decorate all the tables... It's a revelation, the new location rocks!
A majestic lunch:
- Marinated beetroot square served in a soup bowl, simply firm and fresh beetroot felt in every bite, a journey of color and texture before appreciating the rich marination that's smoothly tangy and sweet. Redefined simplicity is in this plate.
- Imagine a piece of burrata laying majestically on an oval plate, covered with olive oil and lemon and decorated with cherry tomatoes cut in half, each hidden behind a mini basil leaf. A super tender cheese, creamy and tasty, elastic as it should be, served with those tomatoes adding a touch of enjoyable sweetness. A plate that's simply eye candy, aromatic and flavorful. How great it is to rate simplicity, and to form such a memorable moment.
- Endives salad with caramelized walnuts and a blue cheese dressing. Endives sliced in quarters topped with light blue cheese, crunchy sweet caramelized walnuts and a line of olive oil set alongside thinly sliced apples. What an enjoyable and interesting dish, where a fruity crunch and other veggies have this balanced sauce on top with the walnuts making all the difference. Extremely delicious!
- Panfried Dover sole with a grainy mustard dressing. The frying part makes it unique, a golden color with a tender heart, rich taste, light lemon. Like all the other plates, the simplicity makes it unique.
- Simply fries, thickly cut fries sprinkled with thick sea salt, yellow in color, a molten heart and a crunchy border. They're even better when they get cold. With that get the green beans, they rock!
- Grilled lamb cutlets with smoked eggplant caviar. They are wow, simply wow, so juicy, so fresh, so tasty, full of rich meat, a red heart, a grilled flavor... Simple amazement.
- Oh my goodness! The duck it is. Slow cooked duck leg with an orange glaze. It's so finger licking good! Duck like I never had before. Eat it, eat it all... The crispy skin is ready to be devoured, while an explosion of juiciness arises from beneath. A super tender meat and a tangy sweetness will make you scream.
The food is excellent as always, with a professional service and lots of hidden wonders to discover. Food here is a journey...
Now for desserts:
- That's a cheesecake like you never had before. It's a cheese cake with a very thin crunchy biscuit and a very thick lightly creamy yet fresh and airy white cheese cream. It's so subtle and so good. Wait until you've tried another bite with the red fruit coulis on the side. That's surely one of Lebanon's best desserts, guaranteed.
- The true meaning of pleasure is in this dessert. A cup of molten lava cake topped with a crunchy craquelin and malt ice cream. Chocolate like no other, a dreamy crunch, an amazing ice cream... I felt water in my eyes, I felt my heart melting.
- Four sorbet scoops... A journey of beautiful textures, redefined simplicity, awesomeness... I'm in love.
It's the restaurant where food is a journey, where plates are an experience, where you are transported into another dimension.