CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Goutons Voir Dbayeh: A Perfect Mix of French Flair (Restaurant Closed)
Goutons Voir: Simple Setting, Tasty Food, Premium Meat (Restaurant Closed)
Nonna's Delectable Pizza now in Dbayeh (Restaurant Closed)
Goutons Voir: Been Here, Done That But Still Loving It (Restaurant Closed)
I’m not sure that you need me to write another review on Goutons Voir Dbayeh. I’ve been there four times already, published many reviews and repeatedly confirmed my love for this place, its service, decor, ambiance and, lately, their pizzas. Tonight’s dinner was a blend of Goutons Voir’s tasty food and Nonna’s extravagant pizzas.
The most important thing, the star of the night, if I may say, was Nicolas. Nicolas, the waiter who usually works in the kitchen, but that night was helping with the service. Nicolas, managing the salads back in the kitchen, is one of those fine professionals who have mastered their job and takes care of customers, deals with their demands and answers their, sometimes bizarre, questions. The order was taken with a positive attitude, our questions were answered, and Nicolas kept a gentle smile on his face that made us want to sit forever. The best part is that you realize he knows the menu and its ingredients, by memorizing it by heart and having tasted it all, this gourmet encourages you to order more just by explaining the content of the plates.
Dinner started with a basket of toasted focaccia, cut in slices, served warm and crunchy, with a balsamic and olive oil mix on the side.
After that, we went for the usual orders, things we had enjoyed before and decided to try again. Tonight’s favorites were the truffle fries, the buffala pizza and the grilled chicken.
The food was great:
- Let’s start with the truffle fries: By chance, I tried three different versions of this plate in the same week. Allow me to compare so you know which to choose. Prune uses normal fries and tops them with truffle oil and shredded Parmesan, simple to say the least. The fires are a bit chewy and the truffle oil is so prominent, dominating the table and overpowering the aromas of other plates. Brgr.Co’s are different and the only one that has a creamy add-on to the fries; the fries are tender and the truffle oil is subtle, adding an interesting, light aroma and a rich flavor that felt like a true truffle essence. Dip in the white cream and enjoy. But the best, the finest, was the one we had at Goutons Voir. I’m not sure how they do it, but whatever it is they do it extremely well. I presume, the fries are pan-fried in a truffle oil mix, giving those fingers a special crunch, an airy feel, no chewiness whatsoever, and a rich aroma of truffles with the usual Parmesan on top. All you have to do is put it in your mouth, let it relax on your tongue and push up your palate to feel it crumbling into a hundred pieces with such wonderful finesse. Bravo, bravo, bravo...
- Quinoa salad with shrimp and mango: Quinoa salad, three shrimps on top, mixed with small mango cubes. A mix of Lollo Verde and Lollo Rosso lettuce, all perfectly seasoned. I am not a fan of quinoa, but this salad is unique. Yummy!
All the pizzas at Nonna are unique and stand out among the others in town. Thin, yet firm dough, crispy crunchy on the sides with a subtle burning flavor… The thinnest pizza in town, it has extremely crunchy borders with a burning aftertaste which is enjoyable and the dough doesn’t absorb the ingredients and so remains crispy. Topped generously with flavorful ingredients, their large-sized pizzas are mouthwatering, colorful and fulfilling. Grab a slice and enjoy eating with your hands.
- The Classica Pizza (tomato sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms, ham, olives, oregano, basil): This pizza was as you’d expect. Fresh, crunchy on the sides and juicy in the middle...
- The Buffala Pizza: Is that a savory biscuit or a pizza? Wow! Lightly crunchy, melting mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce, basil leaves, and passion, lots of it. I loved it!
- The Diavola Pizza (tomato sauce, mozzarella, spicy salami): This is one of my favorite blends. I usually order it when I’m having Italian. An equilibrium of flavors while the spices prepare to hit. Yum!
- Blanc de Poulet: Chunks of chicken, a juicy chicken, which I ordered with rice and spinach. All you have to do is dip into the great mustard sauce and enjoy a fine creation.
Visiting Goutons Voir is always great. The pizza and truffle fries are a must try. Put this place on your to do list.