CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Emporio Armani Caffe, Paris
The Emporio Armani caffe: Tasty Italian Food in Paris
The Emporio Armani Cafe and Restaurant Paris: It Puts me in a Good Mood!
This was our third time at Emporio Armani in Paris and will surely not be the last. My wife and I are in love with this place, not only in the French capital, but wherever we can find it around the world. We've already been to the ones in Milan, Istanbul and Dubai - and enjoyed all the same tasty Italian food which makes you want to come back again.
Milan is the hometown of “The Armani”, set up by the famous fashion designer Giorgio Armani himself, and they prepare impressively good food. It is in the heart of the famous bohemian area of St. Germain des Près just above the Armani shop itself. The décor is unquestionably chic and Italian. The cuisine is gourmet Italian, with many dishes inspired from the Milanese area.
The Emporio cafe of St Germain is divided into three distinct sections: the terrace, the bar and the restaurant. Choose between outside or inside seating depending on the mood, or the possibility of smoking. Outside are a few square tables, orange benches, as well as wooden chairs on a natural wooden floor Inside, facing the entrance, are the stairs that take you to the first level where the bar is. Take the corridor to the other side of the restaurant where the restaurant overlooks the Armani shop. Inside is a luxurious setup, candlelit in a black ambiance. The tables are all decorated with black cups filled with white flowers, with Arthur Krupp cutlery and Stolzle glasses.
The menu: Aperitivo del momento, Collezione eac, I nostri antipasti classici, Le nostre paste classiche, Pesce, Carne.
- The staff is not too welcoming or smiley. Would have expected more from a restaurant that’s a bit pricey
- The café doesn’t have any specialties of the day
- They don’t have draft beer
Acqua Armani, their signature water bottle caught my attention. Dinner started with a complementary amuse bouche: Velouté de Haricots Blancs. White bean cream served with dried mint and a baked Parmesan chips. Creamy, this veloute is served cold, which was not appreciated. The creaminess, the crunch of the croutons, the strength of the Parmesan… That’s a good start.
- Grilled vegetables: The plate of grilled vegetables is good for two. Mini carrots, mini corn, tomatoes cut in half, cauliflower, zucchini sliced and rolled, yellow capsicum, broccoli, onions, eggplant and well seasoned, peppery, salty fennel. Everything together and beautiful looking, the vegetables are served on a hot stone, and topped with olive oil.
- Culatello Di Zibello: Ham exclusively from the region of Zibello served with grissini from Marino. Good, as good as it should be.
- Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico: Giorgio Armani's favorite pasta served with fresh basil and Parmesan: As good as you’d expect, oily, perfectly cooked al dente, a rich tomato sauce mixed with grilled cherry tomatoes and decorated with Parmesan on top. I enjoyed the hole found in the plate to roll the pasta in, sparing you the use of a spoon.
- Linguini alle vongole: That’s a lovely plate, guaranteed. Clams, a generous portion of them, served with a mountain of linguini, well seasoned, richly mixed with olive oil and offering a premium taste. That’s a very tasty plate.
I recommend you order beer and get the chance to try the Italian brew: Italian beer named "Nabiretta Chiara", which is very fruity and tasty with a slight bitter after note. With its light color, this beer is guaranteed satisfaction.
- Prices are becoming way too expensive
- The service is worth every time I visit
Generous portions, fresh food, tasty creations and innovative flavors. Give Armani a try.